Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jason Dodson <Ha...@comcast.net> on 2003/10/29 17:09:37 UTC

[users@httpd] simple question regarding html header for page....etc

Greetings,

I have a quick question regarding headers/footers to HTML pages.  I would
like to have something like a copyright line of sorts appear at the bottom
of each page automatically without having to edit every page...etc....could
someone please point me in the proper documentation/page.

thanks

jason

Re: [users@httpd] simple question regarding html header for page....etc

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, BAO RuiXian wrote:

> Jason Dodson wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I have a quick question regarding headers/footers to HTML pages.  I would
> > like to have something like a copyright line of sorts appear at the bottom
> > of each page automatically without having to edit every page...etc....could
> > someone please point me in the proper documentation/page.
>
> One way to do this is to use SSI (server side include). Please see the
> following link for detail:
>
> 	http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/ssi.html

I think
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#footer
more directly answers the question.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] simple question regarding html header for page....etc

Posted by BAO RuiXian <ru...@pp.inet.fi>.
Jason Dodson wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have a quick question regarding headers/footers to HTML pages.  I would
> like to have something like a copyright line of sorts appear at the bottom
> of each page automatically without having to edit every page...etc....could
> someone please point me in the proper documentation/page.

One way to do this is to use SSI (server side include). Please see the
following link for detail:

	http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/ssi.html

Best

Bao