Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Danny Lin <Li...@doc.state.sc.us> on 2006/12/22 14:09:42 UTC

[Axis2] Using log4j in Axis2

Is there an article or document describing how to initialize log4j in a
service archive (AAR file)? I have Axis2 installed as a webapp. If I
edit the WEB-INF\classes\commons-logging.properties, will that be
sufficient? I am talking about logging within my web services, not the
AXIS2 itself.

Thanks.

Danny

Re: [Axis2] Using log4j in Axis2

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.
What I do is just put a log4j.properties in axis2/WEB-INF/classes,
_not_ editing commons-logging.properties as the comments suggest. Then
I put the log4j.jar in WEB-INF/lib . That should be all there is to
it. Typically I use org.apache.commons.logging.Log as the logger and
just use log4j for the file formatting via its appenders, etc, but
that's just one way to do it.

HTH,
Robert