Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/11 13:18:45 UTC

API difference between hadoop branch1 and branch2?

Dear all,

I have some applications used to run on hadoop-1.1.1, and now I'd like to
try them out on hadoop-2.0. Code of these application will invoke both
MapReduce and HDFS api, so I'd like to know what I need to modify if
migrate to hadoop-2.0. Is there any material(doc/link) about the API
difference between hadoop-1 and hadoop-2? Any information will be highly
appreciated!

--
Best Regards,
Li Yu

Re: API difference between hadoop branch1 and branch2?

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Li Yu,

I don't think it has been published yet, but a document on the MapReduce
changes was recently completed at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-5184.

-Sandy

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.