Posted to dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org by yann ann <xi...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/11 14:01:35 UTC

[Discuss] Refactor the environment and system resource limitations.

Dear All,

Related issue: #12873
<https://github.com/apache/dolphinscheduler/issues/12873>

Now environment config and system resource limitations such as cpuQuota
and memoryMax in TaskInstance, TaskDefinition. But these properties are
only required for execution in a shell environment. So I recommend
migrating these parameters into task parameters, such as
`ShellAdvanceParameters`. But it will drop columns from DB, and will impact
version updates, after users update to the new DS version, they will lose
these old settings. WDYT.

BTW. and I will refactor the new add param: remoteHost to this task
parameter. Related PR: #12736
<https://github.com/apache/dolphinscheduler/pull/12736> , and please
Community help to review this PR.

B. R.