Posted to dev@madlib.apache.org by Jingyi Mei <jm...@pivotal.io> on 2017/09/18 21:25:46 UTC

Jenkins infra is not stable for MADlib PR

Hi developers,

Recently, I kept getting build failure on Jenkins for infra reasons, error
message is as following:

FATAL: Unable to produce a script file
java.io.IOException: No space left on device
	at java.io.FileOutputStream.writeBytes(Native Method)
	at java.io.FileOutputStream.write(FileOutputStream.java:326)
	at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.writeBytes(StreamEncoder.java:221)
	at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.implClose(StreamEncoder.java:316)
	at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.close(StreamEncoder.java:149)
	at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.close(OutputStreamWriter.java:233)
	at hudson.FilePath$17.invoke(FilePath.java:1380)
	at hudson.FilePath$17.invoke(FilePath.java:1363)
	at hudson.FilePath$FileCallableWrapper.call(FilePath.java:2739)
	at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:153)
	at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:50)
	at hudson.remoting.Request$2.run(Request.java:336)
	at hudson.remoting.InterceptingExecutorService$1.call(InterceptingExecutorService.java:68)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
	at ......remote call to qnode3(Native Method)
	at hudson.remoting.Channel.attachCallSiteStackTrace(Channel.java:1545)
	at hudson.remoting.UserResponse.retrieve(UserRequest.java:253)
	at hudson.remoting.Channel.call(Channel.java:830)
	at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:986)
Caused: java.io.IOException: remote file operation failed:
/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/madlib-pr-build

It seems that for a specific PR, it was always sent to a specific test
machine and that machine always didn't have enough space.

Does any one know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Jingyi

Re: Jenkins infra is not stable for MADlib PR

Posted by Rahul Iyer <ra...@gmail.com>.
I've fixed the POM file not found issue (build 99
<https://builds.apache.org/user/riyer/my-views/view/MADlib-Monitor/job/madlib-master-build/99/>)
- it was looking in wrong place.

Posted by Nandish Jayaram <nj...@pivotal.io>.
There is another Jenkins related failure:
https://builds.apache.org/user/riyer/my-views/view/MADlib-Monitor/job/madlib-master-build/98/console

Posted by Ed Espino <es...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the info Roman.

--
*Ed Espino*

Re: Jenkins infra is not stable for MADlib PR

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Jingyi Mei <jm...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Ed,

Posted by Ed Espino <es...@apache.org>.