Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Pinkal <pi...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/08 03:44:50 UTC

next FOP release??

It's been more than 4 month since 0.92beta was released. Isn't it is time to
have another release? May be a production grade 1.0 or 0.93beta?

Thanks,
- Pinkal

Re: next FOP release??

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Same answer as every time. A release will happen if someone has time to
actually do one. It's quite a bit of work (takes about 1 day of work).
Yes, the release is overdue. It will happen ASAP. No dates, sorry. We
don't have the resources to be able to provide planned release dates. I
assume a release should be possible before the end of November but this
is without guarantees.

In the meantime, I suggest you test with 0.92beta (or FOP Trunk from
Subversion) which works well enough. You'll have to test your document
anyway when you upgrade. The move from 0.20.5 to 0.92beta is like moving
to a new implementation because so much has changed.

On 02.10.2006 23:07:31 Pardha Paruchuri wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Currently using 0.20.5, we would like to upgrade to 0.92 if it is
> officially made the production version. Could you give me an idea when
> would it be made official.
>
>   Thanks,
>   Pardha
>
> Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>   Pinkal wrote:
>
> > It's been more than 4 month since 0.92beta was released. Isn't it is time to
> > have another release? May be a production grade 1.0 or 0.93beta?
>
> Yes the release is due, but there are a couple of jobs still
> outstanding. I can't say for sure when they will be finished and the
> release done.
>
> It has been agreed that the next release will be 0.93. The beta tag has
> been dropped as the code is now considered to be stable enough for
> production use.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: next FOP release??

Posted by Pardha Paruchuri <pa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Chris,

  Pinkal wrote:

> It's been more than 4 month since 0.92beta was released. Isn't it is time to
> have another release? May be a production grade 1.0 or 0.93beta?

Yes the release is due, but there are a couple of jobs still
outstanding. I can't say for sure when they will be finished and the
release done.

It has been agreed that the next release will be 0.93. The beta tag has
been dropped as the code is now considered to be stable enough for
production use.

Chris

Re: next FOP release??

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.