Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Breddy <ch...@breddy.net> on 2006/12/15 17:42:19 UTC

POM inheritance works but site inheritance does not

Group,

I have a POM that inherits from another using a relative path that looks
something like ../parent-pom-dir/pom.xml.  All POM inheritance features work
and I can see in the debug logs that the parent POM is found and invoked.
I'm using Maven 2.0.4 and have done -cpu to ensure all plugins are current.

I have a site.xml in the parent project that contains a <menu
inherit="bottom"> element that no longer shows up in the child project's
site.  This worked at one point but I cannot seem to track down what changed
to break the inheritance.  Links do not inherit either.  There's no info in
the debug logs that would give me a clue about what's going on (no mention
of site inheritance at all).

Existing posts to the mailing list seem to deal with scenarios in which the
user has incorrectly referenced the parent POM, not the case in my project.
I'm out of ideas.

Any guidance is appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

Re: POM inheritance works but site inheritance does not

Posted by Eric Helfrich <eh...@gmail.com>.
Don't know if this helps any but here is how I worked around the links not
working issue -- its ugly:

            <plugin>
                <executions>
                    <execution>