Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2007/11/01 02:24:10 UTC

Re: solr facet

: I would like to use solr facets with multi-word queries, is it possible

: I mainly implement a suggest application and use facet.prefix parameter,
: it works fine with single word but not with multiple words

it depends on your definition of "works" ? .. do you want each word to be
a seperate facet constraint, or do you want the whole string to be
considered one constraint?

Simple Field Faceting uses the indexed term values for the field you want
to facet on, so if you pick field type appropriately, you can get either
result (most Tokenizers in the former case, StringField or
KeywordTokenizer in the later case)

-Hoss