Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Ivan Stoyanov <iv...@kinvey.com> on 2011/05/18 06:21:43 UTC

_security and replication

Hi,

How is the security object supposed to work with replication? Right
now if I have a protected database and _replicate it on another
instance, it is left wide open.

Thanks,
Ivan

Re: _security and replication

Posted by Ivan Stoyanov <iv...@kinvey.com>.
Yes, I had tried some automanual solutions, like a cron which dumps
the source _security object into the destination object, but they have
issues:

1) Not being under MVCC makes it really hard to use in a real two-way
replication scheme where changes to access control are possible in
either place.
2) If you create a brand new DB with protected data, and it gets
replicated, your second copy is unprotected until the _security cron
kicks in, which, depending on you definition, can be thought of as a
security hole.

Ivan

Posted by Mark Hahn <ma...@boutiquing.com>.

--