Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Lacoste, Dana (TSG Software San Diego)" <da...@hp.com> on 2008/04/03 22:30:05 UTC

Question about download.meter and maven2

OK, from the archives, I can run mvn with "-Dmaven.download.meter=bootstrap"
(for example) and I won't get the "Downloading 1/123k" updating to "2/123k"
etc.

But this doesn't appear to work in maven2

This causes issues because I'm running in a scripted environment (Cruise
Control) on multiple platforms at once, and it ends up displaying the following
in the log file:

1/123K2/123K3/123K4/123K

etc.  It's very long.  One of the artifacts it's downloading is several megabytes
in size and the log file ends up being several paragraphs of download notifications.

I can see in maven-core/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/cli/ConsoleDownloadMonitor.java
the "transferProgress" function call that's printing out the offensive messages,
but I can't figure out (I don't know how maven's plugin hierarchy works well enough)
how to disable it, short of editing the maven source myself and removing that one line.

I don't want to run mvn -q because I really DO want all the other output, I just
don't want that one KIND of output, much like worked in maven 1.

Can anyone provide any suggestions?  Googling hasn't helped (yet!)

Thanks,

Dana Lacoste

Re: Question about download.meter and maven2

Posted by Tom Huybrechts <to...@gmail.com>.
Use -B

Posted by "Lacoste, Dana (TSG Software San Diego)" <da...@hp.com>.
Thanks!

I can see why I missed it: "batch" just plain wasn't one of my search terms :)

Dana Lacoste

Use the -B option to put maven in batch mode and you won't get the download output. It will also tell plugins not to prompt you for input...if you are running from the CI system this is what you want.

RE: Question about download.meter and maven2

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.