Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil> on 2012/12/21 15:44:51 UTC

[Component] Spacer

   Just curious if we could add a simple component that used to exist in MX but not in Spark.  The spacer component was just a simple UI extension.  We can do the exact same thing now with the s:Rect (primitive), but it doesn't have an intuitive name.  I think it would be nice to add the spacer back in.

<s:Rect width="100%" />

--Same as--

<s:Spacer width="100%" />

Class:

//Declare package.
package spark.components
{
   //Create child class of the Rect class.
   public class Spacer extends Rect
   {
      //----------------------------------------
      //  Constructor
      //----------------------------------------

      public function Spacer()
      {
         super();
      }

   }

}

-Mark

RE: [Component] Spacer

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
  Good point besides the general sizing/measuring I am wasting the rest... it simplifies it a  little too.  I don't use the spacers often, but I do use them to solve quick layouts for clients who must have a things displayed in a certain way.

Class:

//Declare package.
package spark.components
{
   import spark.primitives.supportClasses.GraphicElement;

   //Create child class of the GraphicElement class.
   public class Spacer extends GraphicElement
   {
      //----------------------------------------
      //  Constructor
      //----------------------------------------

      public function Spacer()
      {
         super();
      }

   }

}

-Mark

Posted by Maxime Cowez <ma...@gmail.com>.
[...]

RE: [Component] Spacer

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur

Re: [Component] Spacer

Posted by Jeffry Houser <je...@dot-com-it.com>.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur

Re: [Component] Spacer

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

On 12/21/12 12 :08PM, "Alex Harui" <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

>Don't you still need a class to have the name Spacer in ActionScript?  I
>think the manifest trick only works in MXML.

True.

Carol

Re: [Component] Spacer

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.