Posted to xsp-dev@xml.apache.org by Allan Erskine <a....@cs.ucl.ac.uk> on 2001/03/05 18:54:40 UTC

Re: Re-purposing XSP (was Re: [RT] Rationalizing XSP (was: XSP and aspects))

> All I can say to this is that under AxKit, it is already possible to use
> XSP to generate XML anywhere, provided you can extract the generated code
> (we don't save to a file like Cocoon does). The code is just a simple
> handler function that gets invoked at execution time. The only time it
> becomes uncallable from outside of AxKit is if it makes use of the $cgi or
> $r objects.
>
> Plus AxKit has no concept of Generators and whatnot. That's all YAGTNI to
> us. XSP is just another callable engine in the pipeline.

Ricardo's proposal is a move in this direction, with some great looking
structural ideas to back it up.  From what you say here, it looks like a
convergence towards AxKit's way of doing things - so I'd hope you'd share
our expectation that all XSP platforms could have something to gain.