Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Clint Combs <cl...@ccombs.net> on 2000/05/08 04:08:54 UTC

IP-based Virtual Hosting w/ Tomcat 3.1 and Apache

I've seen discussion on this list about the use of domain name-based
virtual hosting w/ Apache and Tomcat, but have yet to see anyone discuss
IP-based Virtual Hosting.  I've been trying to do this on Red Hat 6.2 w/
Apache 3.1.12 for a couple of days, but keep having trouble with the
SimpleMapper throwing null-pointer exceptions.  Has anyone seen anything
similar?  I'll provide more details if I get a response, but gotta go
for now... it's been a long day.

Thanks,
Clint

Re: IP-based Virtual Hosting w/ Tomcat 3.1 and Apache

Posted by Costin Manolache <co...@costin.dnt.ro>.
Tomcat (  developer version  - i.e. 3.2 branch ) has a new mapper that
supports virtual hosts.

For apache + tomcat -> please wait few more weeks, I need to do a bit
more to "integrate" the 2 and find the best way to config the pair.

Costin

Posted by Clint Combs <cl...@ccombs.net>.
After looking through the archives I find that this been discussed, but
there doesn't appear to be a resolution.  Is anyone working on this and if
so can I help?

-Clint

P.S. Obviously, I meant that I'm using Apache 1.3.12... not "3.1.12".