Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com> on 2003/07/14 04:13:43 UTC

b10

Howdy,

A few people have tried the test installers so I'll let it sit over
night and release it tomorrow. If anyone happens to want to try the
installers they are here:

http://www.apache.org/~jvanzyl

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: b10

Posted by James Ward <ja...@ectropic.com>.
Great work Maven team!

The .tgz seems to work fine.  I just have two comments...

I think the inconsistency between jar, war and ejb final.name's should
be fixed.  For example:

The maven.war.final.name gets set to ${pom.artifactId}.war

    <ant:property name="maven.war.final.name"
      value="${pom.artifactId}.war"/>

while maven.ejb.final.name gets set to ${maven.final.name}.jar

   <j:set var="maven.ejb.final.name"
      value="${maven.build.dir}/${maven.final.name}.jar"/>

I realize that the war plugins has always used the artifactId, however
there should atleast be some property I could set to tell it to use the
maven.final.name instead.

And secondly, the console still doesn't work with the reactor.

Just my $0.02.  I realize you all want to cut b10 and I might just have
to wait until rc1.

-James