Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Shah, Rahul1" <ra...@intel.com> on 2013/04/10 20:49:30 UTC

R environment with Hadoop

Hi,

I have to find out whether there is R environment that can be run on Hadoop. I see several packages of R and Hadoop. Any pointer which is good one to use. How can I learn R and start on with it.

-Rahul

Re: R environment with Hadoop

Posted by Jens Scheidtmann <je...@gmail.com>.
Dear Rahul,

check out
http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2012/03/r-and-hadoop-step-by-step-tutorials.html

Also there is "Introduction to Data Science" on Coursera,
https://www.coursera.org/course/datasci, which among other topics also
covers Hadoop and R.

Best regards,

Jens

Re: R environment with Hadoop

Posted by Mahesh Balija <ba...@gmail.com>.
Mahout is an alternative for R, if you are NOT aware of.

Thanks,
Mahesh Balija,
CalsoftLabs.

Posted by Mahesh Balija <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mahesh Balija <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mahesh Balija <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
There is RHadoop.

Posted by Amal G Jose <am...@gmail.com>.
Rhipe is good.
>From my experience Rhipe is fine tuned and the jobs are executing faster
than RMR.
RMR execution is juz like a streaming job.
Rhipe 0.73 will work on CDH4 MR1.
Rhipe versions below 0.73 will not work on CDH4.

Posted by Amal G Jose <am...@gmail.com>.
Rhipe is good.

Posted by Amal G Jose <am...@gmail.com>.
Rhipe is good.