Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by "G. Garrett Campbell" <g3...@comcast.net> on 2007/10/20 22:57:29 UTC

httpclient and aspx

I have a java application which logs into a variety of websites.
Usually an https page appears with a form.
    I parse the page and fill in the form values with the username and password.
After posting the form I get the page behind the log in.

This works for about 10 different sites, but
it fails on 5 different sites whose page reference includes .aspx

The original https get retreives the login in web page so the certificate
recognition and encryption is working.

It seems that the aspx server is detecting something different from httpclient
as compared to either firefox or IE.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

There are a couple of references to this problem when I google it, but few follow ups.

Thanks
Garrett Campbell

Re: httpclient and aspx

Posted by Ortwin Glück <od...@odi.ch>.
Garrett,

Please produce a wirelog of such a session. That should suffice to tell what's
going on.

Ortwin

Re: httpclient and aspx

Posted by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net>.
G. Garrett Campbell wrote:
> It seems that the aspx server is detecting something different from httpclient
> as compared to either firefox or IE.

Have you checked the Client HTTP Programming Primer?
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/ForAbsoluteBeginners
It points out the usual problems you may encounter,
for example in sections 5.2 and 5.5.

hope that helps,
  Roland