Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Chuan Liu <ch...@microsoft.com> on 2013/06/01 01:59:21 UTC

RE: How to configure container capacity?

Bcc'd dev mailing list.

Hi Andrew,

The memory allocated will always be an integral multiple of minimal allocation unit which is configured via the property "yarn.scheduler.minimum-allocation-mb	". The default configuration for the value is 1024.
If you change the config to 512, the container memory size should be 512 with -Dmapreduce.map.memory.mb=512.

Thanks,
Chuan