Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/20 22:56:17 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Spark 0.8.0-incubating (RC6)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark
(incubating) version 0.8.0. This will be the first incubator release for
Spark in Apache.

The tag to be voted on is v0.8.0-incubating (commit 3b85a85):
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-spark.git;a=commit;h=3b85a8558da2c87873c85f227a189e45bf16b65d

The release files, including signatures, digests, etc can be found at:
http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-0.8.0-incubating-rc6/files/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-059/

http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-0.8.0-incubating-rc6/docs/

A vote on this release has passed within the Spark PPMC [1] including
+1 votes from our IPMC mentors (Chris Mattman and Henry Saputra).

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 0.8.0-incubating!

The vote is open until Monday, September 23rd at 21:00 UTC and passes if
a majority of at least 3 +1 IPMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 0.8.0-incubating

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see
http://spark.incubator.apache.org/

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-spark-dev/201309.mbox/%3CCABPQxsvS14wfiABj32b_%2BgtLafmDog%3DcbWjn7v4FoqG5g-a7mQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E

- Patrick

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 0.8.0-incubating (RC6)

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 1:56 PM, Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark
> (incubating) version 0.8.0. This will be the first incubator release for
> Spark in Apache.
>
> The tag to be voted on is v0.8.0-incubating (commit 3b85a85):
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-spark.git;a=commit;h=3b85a8558da2c87873c85f227a189e45bf16b65d
>
> The release files, including signatures, digests, etc can be found at:
> http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-0.8.0-incubating-rc6/files/

> https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-059/

> http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-0.8.0-incubating-rc6/docs/
>
> A vote on this release has passed within the Spark PPMC [1] including
> +1 votes from our IPMC mentors (Chris Mattman and Henry Saputra).
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 0.8.0-incubating!
>
> The vote is open until Monday, September 23rd at 21:00 UTC and passes if
> a majority of at least 3 +1 IPMC votes are cast.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 0.8.0-incubating

+1 (binding)

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 0.8.0-incubating (RC6)

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.
I'll take care of the keys file before uploading any artifacts, thanks.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 0.8.0-incubating (RC6)

Posted by Andy Konwinski <an...@gmail.com>.
+1

Andy Konwinski

Posted by Benjamin Hindman <be...@gmail.com>.

> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 0.8.0-incubating

+1 (binding!)

Ben.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Cast vote as IPMC for the record:

+1 (binding)

Thanks,

Henry

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.
I'm +1 as well. It would be great if more people from the IPMC could
vote, since we are really trying to get this release out.

I'm also attaching below the output from our own auditing tool, which
verifies various aspects of the signatures, license files, and maven
publishing.

- Patrick

====================
Starting tests, log output in spark_audit_Sep_09_2013_06_33_21. Test
results printed below:
[PASSED] sbt build against 'spark-core_2.9.3' module
[PASSED] sbt build against 'spark-bagel_2.9.3' module
[PASSED] sbt build against 'spark-mllib_2.9.3' module
[PASSED] sbt build against 'spark-streaming_2.9.3' module
[PASSED] sbt build against 'spark-repl_2.9.3' module
[PASSED] maven build against 'spark-core_2.9.3' module
[PASSED] maven build against 'spark-bagel_2.9.3' module
[PASSED] maven build against 'spark-mllib_2.9.3' module
[PASSED] maven build against 'spark-streaming_2.9.3' module
[PASSED] maven build against 'spark-repl_2.9.3' module
==== Verifying download integrity for artifact:
spark-0.8.0-incubating-bin-cdh4-rc6.tgz ====
[PASSED] Artifact signature verified.
Running command: gpg --print-md MD5 spark-0.8.0-incubating-bin-cdh4-rc6.tgz
[PASSED] Artifact MD5 verified.
Running command: gpg --print-md SHA512 spark-0.8.0-incubating-bin-cdh4-rc6.tgz
[PASSED] Artifact SHA verified.
[PASSED] Tarball contains CHANGES.txt file
[PASSED] Tarball contains NOTICE file
[PASSED] Tarball contains LICENSE file
[PASSED] README file contains disclaimer
==== Verifying download integrity for artifact:
spark-0.8.0-incubating-bin-hadoop1-rc6.tgz ====
[PASSED] Artifact signature verified.
Running command: gpg --print-md MD5 spark-0.8.0-incubating-bin-hadoop1-rc6.tgz
[PASSED] Artifact MD5 verified.
Running command: gpg --print-md SHA512
spark-0.8.0-incubating-bin-hadoop1-rc6.tgz
[PASSED] Artifact SHA verified.
[PASSED] Tarball contains CHANGES.txt file
[PASSED] Tarball contains NOTICE file
[PASSED] Tarball contains LICENSE file
[PASSED] README file contains disclaimer
==== Verifying download integrity for artifact:
spark-0.8.0-incubating-rc6.tgz ====
[PASSED] Artifact signature verified.
Running command: gpg --print-md MD5 spark-0.8.0-incubating-rc6.tgz
[PASSED] Artifact MD5 verified.
Running command: gpg --print-md SHA512 spark-0.8.0-incubating-rc6.tgz
[PASSED] Artifact SHA verified.
[PASSED] Tarball contains CHANGES.txt file
[PASSED] Tarball contains NOTICE file
[PASSED] Tarball contains LICENSE file
[PASSED] README file contains disclaimer
==== Verifying build and tests for artifact:
spark-0.8.0-incubating-bin-cdh4-rc6.tgz ====
==> Running build
[PASSED] sbt build successful