Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Daniel Noll <da...@nuix.com.au> on 2006/03/21 04:26:09 UTC

getStorageClsid()

Hi all.

I've noticed that almost invariantly, fs.getRoot().getStorageClsid()
returns a ClassID with all zeros.

I'm fairly certain this is a bug because I've traced the creation of the
properties in a debugger, and the root property does have the correct
ClassID.  At some point in the POIFSFileSystem constructor, it is then
throwing away the class ID, but I can't see exactly where it's being
thrown to.

Any ideas?

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

Nuix Pty Ltd
Web: http://www.nuix.com.au/                        Fax: +61 2 9212 6902

Re: getStorageClsid()

Posted by Daniel Noll <da...@nuix.com.au>.
Daniel Noll wrote:
> I'm fairly certain this is a bug because I've traced the creation of the
> properties in a debugger, and the root property does have the correct
> ClassID.  At some point in the POIFSFileSystem constructor, it is then
> throwing away the class ID, but I can't see exactly where it's being
> thrown to.

A reasonable workaround seems to be adding this at the bottom of the
(second) POIFSFileSystem constructor:

     getRoot().setStorageClsid(properties.getRoot().getStorageClsid());

This doesn't fix the underlying problem which is that the entire root is
somehow being clobbered somewhere, but it does at least make the one
method I do need to call work as expected.

Daniel