Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Gorkem Ercan <go...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/18 18:05:58 UTC

Re: [Discuss] The Future of Ripple as a Top Level ASF Project

Did this discussion concluded? What was the conclusion?

I would like to see Ripple to have a healthy future and if having it as a
sub-project on Cordova ensures it, I would like to help with that.
I think we can have one or two people from Red Hat assisting on the
maintenance of Ripple. This probably is not enough for a
top-level project but may be enough to continue as a sub-project.

Also, I know there are tools (folks from MSFT, I am looking at you) that
use ripple, they may also be ultimately interested on the well being
of the project.
--
Gorkem

Posted by "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.
The code is available at
https://github.com/MSOpenTech/cordova-ripple
https://github.com/MSOpenTech/cordova-lib/commits/platform-ripple

Example plugin
https://github.com/MSOpenTech/cordova-plugin-camera/tree/platform-ripple

Set-up Instructions:

1.	Get repositories:
git clone https://github.com/apache/cordova-cli.git
git clone https://github.com/MSOpenTech/cordova-ripple.git
git clone -b platform-ripple https://github.com/MSOpenTech/cordova-lib.git
git clone -b platform-ripple https://github.com/MSOpenTech/cordova-plugin-camera.git

2.	Install cordova from git repos.
Notes:
a.	mklink command require administrative privileges,
b.	on Mac OS mklink command should be replaced with ln -s

mkdir cordova-cli/node_modules
cd cordova-cli/node_modules && mklink /d cordova-lib ../../cordova-lib/cordova-lib
cd .. && npm install
cd ../cordova-lib/cordova-lib && npm install

3.	Create and run app.
cd ../.. && cordova-cli/bin/cordova create rippleApp
cd rippleApp
../cordova-cli/bin/cordova platform add ../cordova-ripple
../cordova-cli/bin/cordova plugin add ../cordova-plugin-camera
../cordova-cli/bin/cordova run

Thx!
Sergey
Posted by venkata kiran surapaneni <sv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Parashuram,

--
Thanks & Regards,
-Kiran

RE: [Discuss] The Future of Ripple as a Top Level ASF Project

Posted by "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <pa...@microsoft.com>.
Hi Gorkem,