Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Veenal Patel <ve...@live.com> on 2014/04/04 21:51:34 UTC

Password Locked Files Won't open.

Hi, Veenal Patel speaking,

I’m facing problems with Open Office let me tell you…

I got Open Office a few weeks ago, before I had Open Office I used Microsoft Word 2013 and I had made a file which I saved with a password locked to it, I went to go and open up that file with Open Office it comes up with something called “Filter Selection” and it has a lot of types of files you could open that file with. I clicked on one and it came with an error.

I’m currently using Windows 8.1 and using the latest version of Open Office.

Please could you help me…

Re: Password Locked Files Won't open.

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.
Veenal Patel wrote:
> I got Open Office a few weeks ago, before I had Open Office I used Microsoft Word 2013 and I had made a file which I saved with a password locked to it, I went to go and open up that file with Open Office it comes up with something called “Filter Selection” and it has a lot of types of files you could open that file with. I clicked on one and it came with an error.

I don't believe the password method used in Word is compatible with the
one in OpenOffice.  You'll have to open it in Word, then save without a
password.  Once you have it in OpenOffice, you can apply a password again.