Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org> on 2013/07/20 02:54:49 UTC

Re: Regarding the BLOCKER bug Cloudstack-3589 VM created from VPC network is not getting IP

Daan,

Bharat thinks your fix caused a block bug
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-3589? Could you check it?

--Sheng

Posted by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>.
On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 4:10 AM, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>wrote:

> please se inline comments
>
> On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > H Sheng et al,
> >
> > I have no overview of what effect my patch has on guest vm's. It is
> > supposed to only generate a dnsmasq.conf for vpc-router-vm's. not
> > guestnetwork-vm's. I am happy to look at it, but have no overview of the
> > issue yet. Should a sepperate dnsmasq.conf instance be created for vpc
> > routers to deal with the different nics?
> >

> On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 3:32 AM, Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org> wrote:
>
> >  Daan, I've checked the code, the issue is, original code Bharat
> >> wrote(generated dnsmasq.conf) cannot deal with VPC. e.g. the VPC router
> >> wouldn't listen on eth0 and eth1, but non-vpc router wouldn't listen on
> >> eth1 and eth2. Also, some detail configurations of VPC are written into
> >> /etc/dnsmasq.d/cloud.conf, rather than dnsmasq.conf, because it need to
> >> deal with multiple nics with different range.
> >>
> >> So using non-vpc's configuration just break whole VPC function. No
> chance
> >> it can work because eth2(which is internal network interface in VPC) is
> >> excluded from listening interface.
> >>
> > So, does it need a sepperate configuration for VPCs?

Yes it would need. And probably not now.

> >> We need to deal with it ASAP because it's blocking the regression test.
> In
> >> fact I didn't see much solution for now except reverting it since the
> >> dnsmasq config command didn't support VPC anyway.
> >>
> > The vpc router dns should resolv the local domain network name. Not
> having
> this functionality is a blocker as well!

Of course we need patch for fixing the local domain network name, and thank
you for that!

But I think the patch blocked VPC functions now.

--Sheng

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
please se inline comments

Posted by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>.
I've got into at least two exceptions lately. They made me skeptic.

--Sheng

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Rayees Namathponnan <ra...@citrix.com>.
Sheng / Daan,

Please let us know once revert the commit; I can run regression test after that.

Regards,
Rayees

After talking with Daan, we decided to revert the commit for now. After Bharat complete the rewrite of dnsmasqconfigurator in bash script. A new patch would be committed to fix CLOUDSTACK-3357 before the code freeze,

--Sheng

Posted by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>.

Posted by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>.

Posted by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>.