Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ivan Kolev <ik...@abac.com> on 2003/08/06 09:29:34 UTC

Searching in the .CHM SvN docs (windows distribution)

Hi,

A bit irritating is the missing search option from the SvN book in the
.CHM format in which it comes with the Windows distribution. CHM is OK,
but isn't it easy to build an Index/Search for it too?
If not, better distribute it in plain HTML. This way one cannot do a
global text search in the CHM.
I didn't find any comments about this, so I decided to post to the list,
though I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed it - it probably has
been asked before.

Cheers,
Ivan

Re: Searching in the .CHM SvN docs (windows distribution)

Posted by Jostein Christoffer Andersen <jo...@josander.net>.
On Wednesday 06 August 2003 13.04, Jostein Christoffer Andersen wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 August 2003 11.29, Ivan Kolev wrote:
> > A bit irritating is the missing search option from the SvN book in
> > the .CHM format in which it comes with the Windows distribution. CHM
> > is OK, but isn't it easy to build an Index/Search for it too?
>
> A search option is on my ToDo list and will probably make it to the
> next version (I'm working on issue #1133 wich will be finished today,
> then I will look at it.)

Comitted in revision 6658. This means that svn-doc.chm will have full
text search the next time a Windows distro are rolled out.

Jostein

--

Jostein Chr. Andersen <jo...@josander.net> http://www.josander.net/

Public PGP Key:
Key: http://www.josander.net/pub_keys/jostein_josander.net.asc

Re: Searching in the .CHM SvN docs (windows distribution)

Posted by Jostein Christoffer Andersen <jo...@josander.net>.