Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jayme Frye <jf...@inventivecomm.com> on 2000/11/01 22:22:45 UTC

Apache::Scoreboard returns incomplete information to Apache::Watchdog::RunAway.

I am setting up Apache::Watchdog::RunAway and have come across a problem
with Apache::Scoreboard that breaks Watchdog. The broken thing is
access_count which is always 0 (my $count = $process->my_access_count;).
This causes process running time to continue to increase until the
Apache::Watchdog::RunAway timeout is reached and the process is marked
as hung and killed.

Sample debug output from Watchdog:
OK 3 25345 W 0 30 0
OK 8 25383 W 0 24 0
OK 7 25411 W 0 18 0
OK 11 25421 W 0 15 0
OK 2 25408 W 0 3 0
OK 2 25408 W 0 6 0
OK 3 25345 W 0 33 0
[Tue Oct 31 11:37:11 2000] Apache::Watchdog::RunAway: child proc 25345
seems
to hang -- it is running longer than limit of 30 secs
($Apache::Watchdog::RunAway::TIMEOUT).
Killing proc 25345.
OK 7 25411 W 0 21 0
OK 11 25421 W 0 18 0