Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Bill Lynch <bl...@4charity.com> on 2001/02/05 17:31:16 UTC

ejbc compiling errors

All,

I've having continued problems using the weblogic task in the ejbjar task. I
believe I have correctly configured my classpath, included all necessary
jars and deployment descriptors.

I can verify the intermediate Jar is being produced correctly by using the
keepgeneric="true" attribute of the weblogic task. From the looks of it,
that jar file is correct. The errors I get occur when the call to
weblogic.ejbc is made. Specifically:

[ejbjar] building MyJar.jar with 6 files
  [ejbc] ERROR: Error from ejbc: weblogic.boot.ZipSource
  [ejbc] weblogic.utils.compiler.ToolFailureException: ERROR: ejbc found
errors
  [ejbc]     at weblogic.ejbc.runBody(ejbc.java:328)
  [ejbc]     at weblogic.utils.compiler.Tool.run(Tool.java:80)
  [ejbc]     at weblogic.ejbc.main(ejbc.java:353)
  [ejbc] Java Result: 1

In my classpath I have the path to the classes included in the Jar file, the
weblogic.jar (includes ejbc classes) and the weblogicaux.jar (j2ee classes).
I've verified this classpath is passed to the java process that forks for
ejbc by doing "ant -verbose"

Any ideas? Has anyone gotten the ejbjar task to work with weblogic 5.1? Any
sample task code would be appreciated too.

Thanks in advance,
--Bill

RE: ejbc compiling errors

Posted by Bill Lynch <bl...@4charity.com>.
Conor,

Thanks for having a look at this. Attached is ant.out which is the output
when i run my ejb task in verbose mode.

The particular ejb i'm trying to build is called 'CcReceipt'. Its deployment
descriptors are in the dir META-INF/CcReceipt. I can verify that the
intermediate jar file includes the correct descriptors & correct class
files.

Thanks in advance,
--Bill

Re: ejbc compiling errors

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Bill,

From: "Bill Lynch" <bl...@4charity.com>

RE: ejbc compiling errors

Posted by Bill Lynch <bl...@4charity.com>.
Dave,

Version is:
Ant version 1.3beta1 compiled on February 6 2001
(Oddly enough, built in the future :) )

Here's how I'm using it:

<target name="ejb">
  <ejbjar srcdir="${rel.path}/classes"
    descriptordir="${ejb.descriptor.dir}/${ejb.name}"
    basejarname="${ejb.name}"

    <weblogic
      destdir="${rel.path}/newejbs"
      classpath="${rel.path}/classes:${weblogic.jar}:${weblogicaux.jar}"
      keepgeneric="true"
    />
  <include name="**/${ejb.name}-ejb-jar.xml" />
  <exclude name="**/*weblogic*.xml" />
  </ejbjar>
</target>

I'm also creating multiple ejb's, not one big one.

Thanks,
--Bill

Re: ejbc compiling errors

Posted by Dave Inskeep <da...@bea.com>.