Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Tijs Rademakers <t....@chello.nl> on 2006/10/02 20:01:06 UTC

RE: Improving our docs, and first user experience

I was thinking about the following TOC for the Synapse user guide:

Introduction
            What is Synapse?
            Explain different deployment models
            Installation
            Starting Synapse
Build a simple mediation
            The basics of the Synapse Configuration Language
            How to write a mediation flow?
            Deploying the mediation flow
Examples
Build a validation mediation flow
Build a transformation mediation flow
Routing the message to the right endpoint
Advanced mediation scenarios
            WS-Security example
            WS-Reliable Messaging example
Extending Synapse
            Using the Class mediator
            Developing your own mediator
            Developing a Spring mediator

The examples should be based on a simple business scenario to my
opinion, like for example buying a book.
Then we can make examples with search for a particular book, requesting
details of a book based on an ISBN, and buying the book.
Let me know if you think this is going to the right direction.

Tijs

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Tijs

I think this is a good starting point.

What about the format of the User Guide? I think that one of the
inhibitors we have is the lack of a well laid out website.

Personally I like the Spring Framework manual. Any other good
resources we could emulate?

Paul

On 10/2/06, Tijs Rademakers <t....@chello.nl> wrote:

> I was thinking about the following TOC for the Synapse user guide:
>

> Introduction
>
>             What is Synapse?
>
>             Explain different deployment models
>
>             Installation
>
>             Starting Synapse
>
> Build a simple mediation
>
>             The basics of the Synapse Configuration Language
>
>             How to write a mediation flow?
>
>             Deploying the mediation flow
>
> Examples
>
> Build a validation mediation flow
>
> Build a transformation mediation flow
>
> Routing the message to the right endpoint
>
> Advanced mediation scenarios
>
>             WS-Security example
>
>             WS-Reliable Messaging example
>
> Extending Synapse
>
>             Using the Class mediator
>
>             Developing your own mediator
>
>             Developing a Spring mediator
>

> The examples should be based on a simple business scenario to my opinion,
> like for example buying a book.
>
> Then we can make examples with search for a particular book, requesting
> details of a book based on an ISBN, and buying the book.
>
> Let me know if you think this is going to the right direction.
>

> Tijs

Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
paul@wso2.com

Re: Improving our docs, and first user experience

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Asankha, Tijs and all,

+1 from me, I will help you in building this documentation.

Ruwan.