Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Brian Cavagnolo <bc...@yahoo.com> on 2003/12/10 19:18:42 UTC

IMAP and Unix Mailboxes

Hello.  I was browsing the mailing list archive
searching for a temporary IMAP solution but came up
pretty empty handed.  So my first question is, did I
overlook anything?

Assuming I did not, I figure I could just use the
Washington IMAP daemon if I could get james to write
to the traditional unix mail spools.  So, is there a
switch I can flick to make this happen?  If not, I
figured I would write a matcher/mailet pair to provide
this functionality.  Does anybody have anything like
this going on?  Any input or warnings?

Thanks,
Brian

Re: IMAP and Unix Mailboxes

Posted by Cesar Bonadio <bo...@picture.com.br>.
We are using James + Courier IMAP but James is only used
to receive email from the internet process the email using
our custom mailets and than we redirect all the emails
to another box with postfix and courier imap the postfix
just receive the email and put it in the users mailbox

RE: IMAP and Unix Mailboxes

Posted by Jason Webb <jw...@inovem.com>.
Hi Brian.
You will need the following version:
http://cvs.apache.org/builds/james-server/test-build/bin/james-binary-2.
2.0a15.zip

This is the current test release that contains the mbox and many other
enhancements and fixes.
To use the mbox format for user mailboxes following the instructions in
the config.xml file.

-- Jason

RE: IMAP and Unix Mailboxes

Posted by Brian Cavagnolo <bc...@yahoo.com>.