Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org> on 2004/03/29 21:46:39 UTC

Re: extra bcel jar

Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 29.03.2004 19:47, stephan@apache.org wrote:
>
>>   Remove the bcel classes from the xalan.jar and
>>   create an extra jar for those.
>

> *Ouch*. If I understand this correctly we have to do it for every update
> on the Xalan jar until our continuations stuff goes into bcel that goes
> later on into Xalan jar? Hopefully we will never forget it!

Well, at a very least everything is under the ASL and in sync now...
wouldn't Gump be able to spot the problem if we miss a cycle?

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino
     (Blogging at: http://www.rabellino.it/blog/)

Re: extra bcel jar

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Vadim Gritsenko dijo:
> Tim Larson wrote:
>
>>On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 02:25:24PM -0600, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>>

>>>While seeing inside the jars I also saw some parts that are interesting
>>>for us (now with the Cocoon hat on). For example all the DOM management.
>>>saw the DOMHelpers classes everywhere doing the same over and over. I
>>>think inside Cocoon we can put all the DOM code in just one place.
>>>

>>And add a toString method, please :)  I see it duplicated in many
>>projects, so it is needed.
>>

> How about moving such code to xml-commons?

+1 :-D

> PS Yet another toString():
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-xindice/java/src/org/apache/xindice/xml/TextWriter.java?rev=1.17&view=auto

Yep. :-D

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: extra bcel jar

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Tim Larson wrote:

>On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 02:25:24PM -0600, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>

>>While seeing inside the jars I also saw some parts that are interesting
>>for us (now with the Cocoon hat on). For example all the DOM management. I
>>saw the DOMHelpers classes everywhere doing the same over and over. I
>>think inside Cocoon we can put all the DOM code in just one place.
>>

>And add a toString method, please :)  I see it duplicated in many
>projects, so it is needed.

How about moving such code to xml-commons?

PS Yet another toString():
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-xindice/java/src/org/apache/xindice/xml/TextWriter.java?rev=1.17&view=auto

Vadim

Re: extra bcel jar

Posted by Tim Larson <ti...@keow.org>.
On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 02:25:24PM -0600, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> While seeing inside the jars I also saw some parts that are interesting
> for us (now with the Cocoon hat on). For example all the DOM management. I
> saw the DOMHelpers classes everywhere doing the same over and over. I
> think inside Cocoon we can put all the DOM code in just one place.

And add a toString method, please :)  I see it duplicated in many
projects, so it is needed.

--Tim Larson

Re: extra bcel jar

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Gianugo Rabellino dijo:

>>>BTW, I think it's a very bad idea to capsulate so many projects in their
>>>jar. The current jar includes BCEL, CUP and jakarta-regex. Note that we
>>>are use jakarta-regex twice?!
>>

>> I agree. We must make a xalan without bcel and jakarta-regex. It can
>> also
>> be a source of problems too.
>
> Well, *they* (the Xalan guys) should, not we.

Agreed. I thought as part of the ASF community. :-D

Re: extra bcel jar

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

>>> BTW, I think it's a very bad idea to capsulate so many projects in their
>>> jar. The current jar includes BCEL, CUP and jakarta-regex. Note that we
>>> are use jakarta-regex twice?!
>>

>> I agree. We must make a xalan without bcel and jakarta-regex. It can also
>> be a source of problems too.
>

> Well, *they* (the Xalan guys) should, not we.

they do, in fact. it's just a matter of running the right target on the
ant build file.

--
Stefano.

Re: extra bcel jar

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.

Re: extra bcel jar

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Stephan Michels dijo:

Re: extra bcel jar

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.
Am Mo, den 29.03.2004 schrieb Gianugo Rabellino um 21:46:
> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>
> > On 29.03.2004 19:47, stephan@apache.org wrote:
> >
> >>   Remove the bcel classes from the xalan.jar and
> >>   create an extra jar for those.
> >

> > *Ouch*. If I understand this correctly we have to do it for every update
> > on the Xalan jar until our continuations stuff goes into bcel that goes
> > later on into Xalan jar? Hopefully we will never forget it!
>
> Well, at a very least everything is under the ASL and in sync now...
> wouldn't Gump be able to spot the problem if we miss a cycle?

BTW, I think it's a very bad idea to capsulate so many projects in their
jar. The current jar includes BCEL, CUP and jakarta-regex. Note that we
are use jakarta-regex twice?!

Stephan.