Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Aleksandar Milanovic <am...@galdosinc.com> on 2003/01/29 00:58:40 UTC

RE: Bug in 2.3.0? ClassCastException with ListDV$ListData

Hi Neil,

We're using JDK 1.4.0. Here's the debug info:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.impl.dv.xs.ListDV$ListData
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaLoader.processExternalHints(XMLSchemaLoad
er.java:567)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.reset(XMLSchemaValidator.java:1
345)
	at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.BasicParserConfiguration.reset(BasicParserConfigur
ation.java:543)
	at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.reset(DTDConfiguration.java:640)
	at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.java:512)
	at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.java:595)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:152)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:253)
	at
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:20
4)
	at
com.galdosinc.gds.validator.ValidatorDocumentBuilder.parse(ValidatorDocument
Builder.java:92)
	at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:86)

The erroneous use-case is as follows:

An instance document is validated as it is being parsed. We are using
external-schema-location property to specify the URLs of the schemas of
interest. A dummy entity resolver is used to ensure that the schemaLocation
in the instance document is ignored (by returning an empty string). However,
in this particular case the schemaLocation attribute is not even specified
in the instance document. Schemas are cached in a passive way, i.e. as they
are loaded from the URLs specified in external-schema-location. All schema
locations that appear in schema imports and includes are also valid URLs.
The instance document and all the referenced schemas are valid. This things
works well with previous versions of Xerces (2, 2.1 and 2.2).

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more details.

Cheers,
Alex