Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Subhajit Das <Su...@live.com> on 2021/03/25 15:37:51 UTC

Syslog for Log4J 2 & 1

Hi,

We are using syslog in our organization with logback.

I want to use log4j instead. But, it seems that there is no suffix pattern or anything available.

How can I configure the same?

Thanks.

Re: Syslog for Log4J 2 & 1

Posted by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de>.
Hi,

not sure what exactly you need, but there is a native SyslogAppender:
https://github.com/weber-oldenburg/jni-syslog

Regards,
    Volker

Am Fr., 26. März 2021 um 02:27 Uhr schrieb Subhajit Das <
subhajitdas298@live.com>:

> Hi Ralph,
>
> The issue that, I need this for both Log4J 1.2 and 2.x.
>
> But, 1.2 is EOL.
>
> There seems to be a Layout option, which should allow any pattern layout.
> But, somehow it is not working.
>
> Thanks,
> Subhajit

inexso - information exchange solutions GmbH
Ofener Straße 30 | 26121 Oldenburg
www.inexso.de

RE: Syslog for Log4J 2 & 1

Re: Syslog for Log4J 2 & 1