Posted to dev@libcloud.apache.org by Priya Bhusari <pr...@us.ibm.com> on 2012/12/20 14:20:05 UTC

[dev] Proposal for addition of destroy_image method.

Hi All,

We are implementing and using Libcloud and IBM SCE Driver.
I think the way we have create node  & destroy node methods , there should
be a method to delete image as well.
We implement it in SCE driver.

There can be method destroy() in NodeImage class of base.py and
destroy_image method in IBMNodeDriver Class of ibm_sce.py.

Hence I would like to propose the implementation of destroy_image in
libcloud.
Please let me know your suggestion on this.

Regards,
Priya Bhusari
Persistent Systems Ltd
priyab@us.ibm.com | Cell: +91-9665759148 | Tel: +91-712-6692588

Re: [dev] Proposal for addition of destroy_image method.

Posted by Tomaž Muraus <to...@apache.org>.
Adding "ex_destroy_image" (extension) method to the IBM SCE NodeDriver
sounds like a good first step.

We might want to make "destroy_image" a standard / first class method at
some point later one. At the moment, as far as I know, only a couple
providers support this functionality so it's not suitable to be a standard
method yet.

Before we consider making some method a "standard" method it needs to be
supported by majority of the providers we support.