Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by As...@cognizant.com on 2020/05/22 08:14:05 UTC

User ID / Password based authentication for Kafka Connect Source connector REST Interface

Hi Team,

I have configured a Kafka Connect source connector on Distributed worker and I am using the REST Interface for administering it like for starring/stopping/querying etc [curl https://host:port/connectors , curl https://host:port/connectors/<name<https://host:port/connectors/%3cname>> etc].

I need to configure a user-id/password based authentication for this so that users must give the user-id & password to issue curl commands. Could you please help on this on how to achieve this.

Regards
Ashish Sood
+44 (0) 7440258835

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored. This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored.

Re: User ID / Password based authentication for Kafka Connect Source connector REST Interface

Posted by ashish sood <as...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Robin. You saved my weekend :)

I noticed that we would need to store the password in text format.
Similarly for SCRAM authentication I have also updated the kafka
infrastructure credentials in text format.
[producer.sasl.jaas.config=org.apache.kafka.common.security.scram.ScramLoginModule
required \
 username="xxxxx" \
 password="yyyy";
]

Is there a way both of these can be stored in encrypted/encoded format  ?

Regards

Posted by Robin Moffatt <ro...@confluent.io>.
See here: