Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Twadell, Daniel M" <Da...@jbosc.ksc.nasa.gov> on 2003/01/09 00:17:11 UTC

couple notes on latest 2.1 build

Hi all, just some input on two issues with latest 2.1 builds
I HAD to add mail.jar and mod the jars.xml to get passed lots of javax.mail
compile probs..
 ( the condition on mail.jar does not seem to be correct)

after adding j2ee 1.3 mail.jar

one compile issue in
scratchpad/src/org/apache/cocoon/mail/MailContentHandlerDelegate.java
METHOD   javax.mail.Folder.getDeletedMessageCount();

 is referencing a beta java J2EE 1.4 APIs

line 385         //   addAttribute("deleted-messages",
String.valueOf(folder.getDeletedMessageCount()));
do you want to target j2ee 1.4 yet....

ALSO

I am testing the latest 2.1 build on tomcat 4.1.17
with the webapp-local compile, the basic app was
giving this error
http://www.mail-archive.com/cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org/msg24597.html

it worked fine in 4.0.? tomcat

problem seems to be the entity entry in document-v10.dtd

<!ENTITY % charEntity SYSTEM "characters.ent">
%charEntity;

I removed the above lines from all four document-v10.dtd
and the cocoon servlet will work under my 4.1.17

some on know the new right why to include the characters.ent ???

I hope that provides a little ground work

thanks
dan

RE: couple notes on latest 2.1 build

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Hi,

I just downloaded the 1.3 API implementation from Sun of the mail.jar
and it works, the method getDeletedMessageCount() was added to the 1.3
API.
So, it seems that your version is not a true 1.3 version.

If you don't need the scratchpad stuff, you can set the
cocoon.webapp.scratchpad.include property in properties.xml to
false - and cocoon will compile (after a build clean).

Carsten

Posted by Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@apache.org>.
Hi Dan,

On Wednesday, Jan 8, 2003, at 15:17 US/Pacific, Twadell, Daniel M wrote:

> Hi all, just some input on two issues with latest 2.1 builds
> I HAD to add mail.jar and mod the jars.xml to get passed lots of
> javax.mail
> compile probs..
>  ( the condition on mail.jar does not seem to be correct)

I don't have mail.jar on my machine, could you please find the right
condition to use and let us know? The current check looks for the
existence of javax.mail.Message, perhaps it needs to check for a
different class?

Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@apache.org>
http://webweavertech.com/ovidiu/weblog/