Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "Khandeshi, Ami" <Am...@fmr.com.INVALID> on 2015/03/25 20:08:50 UTC

Spark shell never leaves ACCEPTED state in YARN CDH5

I am seeing the same behavior.  I have enough resources.....  How do I resolve it?

Thanks,

Ami

Re: Spark shell never leaves ACCEPTED state in YARN CDH5

Posted by Dean Chen <de...@ocirs.com>.
We had a similar problem. Turned out that the Spark driver was binding to
the external IP of the CLI node Spark shell was running on, causing
executors to fail to connect to the driver.

The solution was to override "export SPARK_LOCAL_IP=<internal ip here>" in
spark-env.sh to the internal IP of the CLI node.

--
Dean Chen

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.

--
Marcelo

Re: Spark shell never leaves ACCEPTED state in YARN CDH5

Posted by Tobias Pfeiffer <tg...@preferred.jp>.
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 4:08 AM, Khandeshi, Ami <
Ami.Khandeshi@fmr.com.invalid> wrote:

> I am seeing the same behavior.  I have enough resources…..

CPU *and* memory are sufficient? No previous (unfinished) jobs eating them?

Tobias