Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Tom Emerson <os...@pacbell.net> on 2005/05/07 20:41:39 UTC

Any insight on these "lists"? [I think they are spam]

I'm finally getting around to actually cleaning my inbox and I find I appear
to be on a couple of e-mail lists that I don't recall signing up for, nor do
the contents of the messages score high enough to be kicked out, so I
thought I'd check here to see if anyone else knows of them.

One in particular has a subject line of "[TASR] Editor's pick <week>", (with
few variants, such as "Editor's distinction" and so on].  The message is
along the lines of "here is your access URL good for the next week", an
opt-out link, a D O U B L E   S P A C E D mailing address (in Reno, NV) and
a random quote/sig.

The other has a subject of "[10search] distinction for <week>" and now that
I look at it, is practically identical to the "tasr" one but with a
greenville SC address [though typed as a normal address]

The volume is trivial [one a week], so it's not really on-the-radar [just
"noticed" it when sort-by-subject showed these in the area where other
[mailing-list] entries appear (that I don't have a rule to pre-sort
elsewhere...)

Any insight would be appreciated -- if anyone can confirm these are spam,
I'll start dropping them into my "missed" folder for sa-learn to start
chewing on