Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Borja Martín <bm...@hola.com> on 2002/11/04 17:47:07 UTC

applications sharing the file.resource.loader.path

hi.
I have the following problem(I'm not sure if it's a bug or an erroneus configuration):
I have several applications running on my server, but It seems that they are sharing the Velocity.FILE_RESOURCE_LOADER_PATH, because they don't find their templates in the directories I had specified in the velocity.properties file(every application has it own velocity.properties), but if I copy the templates to the templates' dir of the only application that is running properly, they are found.

Then, the first application I run after starting the webserver, it's the one that will work fine, and whose templates directory is where the others apps will look.
I'm running Resin 2.1.5 (I also tried with 2.0.4-2.1.4) and I also deleted the velocity-*.jar from the common lib directory and put it in every WEB-INF/lib dir, as it's explained in the documentation.

Any idea?
Thx in advance.

Re: applications sharing the file.resource.loader.path

Posted by Borja Martín <bm...@hola.com>.
As I explained in the mail, I had already done it with no success...

Thx in advance.

Try putting the velocity jar in the WEB-INF/lib for each web
application.  You have evidently written for a singleton model, which
assumes only one Velocity engine.  If you put the jar in WEB-INF/lib there
will be one Velocity engine for each webapp.

Barbara Baughman
X2157

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, [iso-8859-1] Borja Martín wrote:

> hi.
> I have the following problem(I'm not sure if it's a bug or an erroneus
configuration):
> I have several applications running on my server, but It seems that they
are sharing the Velocity.FILE_RESOURCE_LOADER_PATH, because they don't find
their templates in the directories I had specified in the
velocity.properties file(every application has it own velocity.properties),
but if I copy the templates to the templates' dir of the only application
that is running properly, they are found.

> Then, the first application I run after starting the webserver, it's the
one that will work fine, and whose templates directory is where the others
apps will look.
> I'm running Resin 2.1.5 (I also tried with 2.0.4-2.1.4) and I also deleted
the velocity-*.jar from the common lib directory and put it in every
WEB-INF/lib dir, as it's explained in the documentation.

> Any idea?
> Thx in advance.

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: applications sharing the file.resource.loader.path

Posted by Barbara Baughman <ba...@utdallas.edu>.