Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca> on 2006/05/31 00:00:44 UTC

changelog site problems

I'm having an issue with the maven-changelog-plugin, which seems to
have just crept up over the past few days, after working fine. I'm
building it from svn, creating 2.0-SNAPSHOT, using rev. 410386.

Is it working for other people? It seems the reports section of the
plugin is somehow screwing things up - if I omit it, there are no
errors (but also no reports). Here's the relevant portion of my pom:

         <plugin>
             <artifactId>maven-changelog-plugin</artifactId>
             <version>2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
             <reportSets>
                 <reportSet>
                     <id>scm-changes</id>
                     <configuration>
                         <type>range</type>
                         <range>30</range>
                         <basedir>${basedir}/src</basedir>
                         <dateFormat>yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss</dateFormat>
                     </configuration>
                     <reports>
                         <report>changelog</report>
                         <report>file-activity</report>
                         <report>dev-activity</report>
                     </reports>
                 </reportSet>
             </reportSets>
         </plugin>

Can't understand why I suddenly get this error, but maybe someone can
shed some light on it? Is plexus really trying to instantiate List
(which is abstract)? This is mvn 2.0.4, happens with all my projects
which previously worked, and the cmd is simply 'mvn site'. Other
plugins with a reports list work fine, so I'm somewhat baffled.
Haven't looked at plexus yet.

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to configure plugin parameters for:
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-changelog-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT

Cause: Class 'java.util.List' cannot be instantiated
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error getting
reports from the plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-changelog-
plugin'
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getReports
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:694)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getReports
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:645)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:512)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoa
l(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:488)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:458)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandle
Failures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:
322)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced
(Launcher.java:315)
         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode
(Launcher.java:430)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginConfigurationException:
Error configuring: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-changelog-plugin.
Reason: Unable to parse the created DOM for plugin configuration
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.populatePluginFields
(DefaultPluginManager.java:1036)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.getConfiguredMojo
(DefaultPluginManager.java:576)
         at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.getReport
(DefaultPluginManager.java:462)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getReports
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:678)
         ... 18 more
Caused by:
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.ComponentConfigurationExcepti
on: Class 'java.util.List' cannot be instantiated
         at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.AbstractConfigurat
ionConverter.instantiateObject(AbstractConfigurationConverter.java:121)
         at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.composite.Collecti
onConverter.fromConfiguration(CollectionConverter.java:73)
         at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.ComponentValueSett
er.configure(ComponentValueSetter.java:247)
         at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.composite.ObjectWi
thFieldsConverter.processConfiguration(ObjectWithFieldsConverter.java:
137)
         at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.BasicComponentConfigurator.co
nfigureComponent(BasicComponentConfigurator.java:56)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.populatePluginFields
(DefaultPluginManager.java:1030)
         ... 21 more
Caused by: java.lang.InstantiationException: java.util.List
         at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.AbstractConfigurat
ionConverter.instantiateObject(AbstractConfigurationConverter.java:111)
         ... 26 more

Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca>

Software Engineer
Teaching & Learning Centre
University of Calgary

http://tlc.ucalgary.ca

Re: changelog site problems

Posted by Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca>.
Yes it was - it's fixed now, thanks.

Re: changelog site problems

Posted by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com>.

Re: changelog site problems

Posted by Ole-Martin Mørk <ol...@gmail.com>.
I got the same error last week when building from svn as well. I
wasn't sure if it was suppose to work, so I didn't bother wasting too
much time on it..

Regards, Ole-Martin Mørk.