Posted to user@poi.apache.org by FELIX BERIG <fb...@optonline.net> on 2011/08/05 19:35:12 UTC

Display POI workbook in the rich client environment(TWS)

Hi.

We are moving away from Actuate workbook. We store data as a BLOB in the
DB. Is it possible to create POI workbook from the BLOB and display it
in SWT JFrame?

Thank you.
Feliks.

Re: Display POI workbook in the rich client environment(TWS)

Posted by Sergey Vladimirov <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Feli.

POI project aimed at internal file format representation and API to
work with file content from Java programs. Currently creating an file
representation in SWF frame (or using AWT / Swing) is out of project
scope.

You will need to parse file (using POI) and fill the frame with actual data.

Best regards,
Sergey

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 8:35 PM, FELIX BERIG <fb...@optonline.net> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> We are moving away from Actuate workbook. We store data as a BLOB in the DB.
> Is it possible to create POI workbook from the BLOB and display it in SWT
> JFrame?
>
> Thank you.
> Feliks.

Sergey Vladimirov