Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Thomas Fischer <tf...@apache.org> on 2007/03/08 22:25:15 UTC

old releases on www.apache.org/dist

Hi,

infrastructure asked us to remove the older releases from
www.apache.org/dist, (which means that they would not be mirrored any
more). The older releases can still be found on
http://archive.apache.org/dist/
(see also http://www.apache.org/dev/mirrors.html)

Does anybody have any problems with removing the torque 3.1, 3.1.1 and
torque 3.2-RCx from www.apache.org/dist ? I'd volunteer to do it, and also
hand-edit the download pages of the last version's docs to point to
http://archive.apache.org/dist/db/torque/ instead of the current location.
However, this will take two weeks or so.

    Thomas

Re: old releases on www.apache.org/dist

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
Thomas Fischer wrote:
> Does anybody have any problems with removing the torque 3.1, 3.1.1 and
> torque 3.2-RCx from www.apache.org/dist ? I'd volunteer to do it, and
> also hand-edit the download pages of the last version's docs to point to
> http://archive.apache.org/dist/db/torque/ instead of the current location.

Please go ahead. I don't know if it makes sense to keep the super-old
releases  for download at all. After all, we need to stop supporting
them anyway (see the old bug TRQS180 from Torque 3.0 discussed in the
user list recently). I'd keep the stuff for one version back only, so
remove everything but 3.2 release. This would include the site as well, btw.

Bye, Thomas.