Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by freak182 <em...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/13 15:02:50 UTC

Question about backups

Hello,

Pardon me if I ask stupid question: My question is if i put evrything in DB,
DbFilesystem, DataStore and etc. I have only to backup the DB (dump) and
that's it, I have all the repository in sql dump? please advise.

Thanks a lot.
Cheers.

Re: Question about backups

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.

Sent from my iPhone

On 13 Sep 2009, at 23:02, freak182 <em...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Pardon me if I ask stupid question: My question is if i put
> evrything in DB,
> DbFilesystem, DataStore and etc. I have only to backup the DB (dump)
> and
> that's it, I have all the repository in sql dump? please advise.

If you don't back up the repository area on the local disk the search
index will have to be rebuilt from scratch when you restore. The could
take a long time if your repo is big.
Also, if you are using a cluster then all events since the years dot
for the repo are replayed if there is no local state.

We have always taken a snapshot of the local repsitory so that
restores don't have to do the extra work although you have to take
care to get a consistent state if backing up a hot server.

Hth
Ian