Posted to user@hive.apache.org by hadoop hive <ha...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/12 07:43:41 UTC

Proper utilization of Map and reduce

hey all,

I have a cluster of 13 nodes, in which i configured map =16 and reduce=10 ,
and mapred.reduce.tasks=120 , replication factor=2

but still i wont be able to utilize map and reduce as shown in pic.

Thanks in advance.. tell how can i make it utilize full map adn reduce.

regards
Vikas Srivastava

Re: Proper utilization of Map and reduce

Posted by Aniket Mokashi <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Can this be because of the scheduler you are using? I see there are 3
queues, check the scheduler configuration, that might give you some hints.

Thanks,
Aniket

--
"...:::Aniket:::... Quetzalco@tl"

Re: Proper utilization of Map and reduce

Posted by hadoop hive <ha...@gmail.com>.
thanks for your reply bejoy

Posted by Bejoy Ks <be...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Vikas