Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by DE BEAUREPAIRE LUDOVIC <LU...@infolis.fr> on 2003/09/01 12:19:10 UTC

Pipeline called several times for a single request ??

Hi all,

Can someone help me to understand this strange behaviour :

I have a quite simple sitemap : The "test" action defines xml and xsl files used to produce PDF files.
   <map:match pattern="edit">
    <map:act type="test">
         <map:generate src="work/xml/{donnees}.xml"/>
         <map:transform src="work/xsl/{feuille}.xsl"/>
         <map:serialize type="fo2pdf"/>
    </map:act>
   </map:match>

The problem is when the action CREATE the xsl file, then the action is called another time by cocoon with nothing in the request, so i have errors.
Is it a known behavior ? is there a known solution ?

2 others solution i tried :
- Having xsl as templates in one stylesheet (no creation), but it is using too much memory (more than 200 stylesheets)
- using redirection for transformation operation but i have an erratic comportment (1*/10, the URL has moved ???)

Configuration :
- Cocoon 2.0.4
- Tomcat 4.1.*
- JDK 1.3.*,1.4.*
- OS Linux, W2000, AIX

Thx,
Ludovic

--
Ce message et  toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres  le "message") sont
confidentiels et etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires.

Re: Pipeline called several times for a single request ??

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
DE BEAUREPAIRE LUDOVIC wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Can someone help me to understand this strange behaviour :
>
>I have a quite simple sitemap : The "test" action defines xml and xsl files used to produce PDF files.
>   <map:match pattern="edit">
>    <map:act type="test">
>         <map:generate src="work/xml/{donnees}.xml"/>
>         <map:transform src="work/xsl/{feuille}.xsl"/>
>         <map:serialize type="fo2pdf"/>
>    </map:act>
>   </map:match>
>
>The problem is when the action CREATE the xsl file, then the action is called another time by cocoon with nothing in the request, so i have errors.
>Is it a known behavior ? is there a known solution ?

Why do you want an action to create an XSL? Somehow I feel uncomfortable
with that as an approach.

For one thing, it will confuse the caching system, as it takes note of
the timestamp on all XSL files. That could be causing your problems. The
question is: what are you trying to achieve, and is there another way of
doing it?

>2 others solution i tried :
>- Having xsl as templates in one stylesheet (no creation), but it is using too much memory (more than 200 stylesheets)

Can you explain more?

>- using redirection for transformation operation but i have an erratic comportment (1*/10, the URL has moved ???)

You might be better off coding this directly in Java as a custom
transformer if the task is that complex.

Regards, Upayavira