Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Pete Serafin <ps...@sbti.com> on 2001/12/04 15:46:30 UTC

Error tag problem

All,

I am having a similar problem to Binh
(
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg18646.html

).
I was wondering if anyone has a solution as to why I cannot get the

"In order to use this tag successfully, you must have defined an
application scope MessageResources bean under the default attribute
name, with at least the following message keys: errors.header,
errors.footer "

Where is the MessageResources bean instantiated and what is the "default

name" mentioned?

The following is how my app is set up according to my web.xml,
ApplicationResources.properties, strtus-config.xml,  and my ActionForm
and jsp:
1) ApplicationResources.properties:

    errors.header=<ul>
    errors.footer=</ul>

2) web.xml
     <init-param>
      <param-name>application</param-name>
      <param-value>ApplicationResources</param-value>
    </init-param>

3)struts-config.xml

    <action path="/login" type="action.loginAction"
        input="/login.jsp"
        name="loginForm"
        scope="request"
        validate="true">
      <forward name="success" path="/index.jsp"/>
      <forward name="error" path="/login.jsp"/>
    </action>

4) LoginForm.java
     public ActionErrors validate(ActionMapping
mapping,HttpServletRequest request) {

        if ((userID == null) || (userID.length() < 1))
             errors.add("login",  new
ActionError("error.userID.required"));
             return errors;
        }

5)  login.jsp
   <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/taglibs/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>

Im not getting the errors tag to print anything to the page, but the
validation is returning it to the form properly.

Re: Error tag problem

Posted by Pete Serafin <ps...@sbti.com>.
Sean,

you are correct, my ApplicationResources file is in my /classes directory,
therefor, I just have the file name listed.  Is there anything else you did to
get the error handling working?

Pete

Re: Error tag problem