Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Chuck Murcko <ch...@n2k.com> on 1997/01/28 15:16:45 UTC

Re: Problems with Apache 1.2b6

Linux rather new tcp/ip stack doesn't support the debug option. It's not
needed so it will be removed for the next beta. For now, you can comment
out the lines

    if (setsockopt(dsock, SOL_SOCKET, SO_DEBUG, (const char *)&one,
      sizeof (int)) == -1)
    {
        proxy_log_uerror("setsockopt", NULL,
            "proxy: error setting PASV debug option", r->server);
        pclosef(pool, dsock);
        pclosef(pool, sock);
        return SERVER_ERROR;
    }

in proxy_ftp.c, and it should work.

Andres Maduro liltingly intones:

> Hi..
>

> We're using Linux 2.0.20. We're running Apache 1.2b6 with the module
> proxy. We configured the hhtpd, access and srm files properly. We're
> using the proxy servers for http and ftp. The Http Proxy server works
> fine. But the Ftp Proxy Server has some problems. When we request a ftp
> site, we found the following message:
>
> 	The server made a boo boo.
>

> I don't know what is the problem?. In the error_log we find this
> message:
>
> 	proxy: error setting PASV debug option
> 	-setsockopt: Operation not permitted
>
> We will appreciate any help.
>

> Thanks in advance

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
There are three ways to get something done: do it yourself, hire
someone, or forbid your kids to do it.

Re: Problems with Apache 1.2b6

Posted by Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>.
Marc Slemko wrote:

> You may want to put a patch for this on the web in the 1.2b6 patches
> directory.

Will do, when I put in the patch this weekend.

> I have made the mod_info and mod_rewrite patches which were applied
> available at http://www.apache.org/dist/patches/apply_to_1.2b6; feel free
> to add any other bugfix patches that you commit.  I did not put a list of
> them anywhere else on the site because it is too much hassle, but I added
> a couple of pointers to the patches dir.
>
> On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Chuck Murcko wrote:
>
> > Linux rather new tcp/ip stack doesn't support the debug option. It's not
>
> ^doesn't support^supports only as root^, or so Alan Cox says and he should
> know.  So you can run the proxy as root.  <g>

Well, that's effectively not supporting the option, if all other *NIX
allow it to be done.

--
chuck
Chuck Murcko