Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by EP...@upstate.com on 2002/12/02 16:56:08 UTC

[BeanUtils] BeanComparator enhancement..

Hi all,

I want to be able to query my BeanComparator and get back it's embedded
comparator.  What are peoples thoughts on adding a public method
getComparator() to return the embedded comparator?

Eric Pugh

Re: [BeanUtils] BeanComparator enhancement..

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 EPugh@upstate.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to be able to query my BeanComparator and get back it's embedded
> comparator.  What are peoples thoughts on adding a public method
> getComparator() to return the embedded comparator?
>
> Eric Pugh

Makes sense to me -- I've added this in nightly build 20021203.

On a side note, have you ever run into the situation where you'd like to
use a BeanComparator when the property name in the two beans wasn't the
same?  I'm thinking of a use case like CustomerBean that uses "id" for the
customer's identifier, and OrderBean which uses "customerId" instead.  It
might be interesting to support this sort of thing as well.

Craig