Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2001/01/22 08:09:26 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-site2/docs/site proposal.html

on 1/21/01 9:38 PM, "husted@apache.org" <hu...@apache.org> wrote:

> Added:       docs/site proposal.html
> Log:
> Submitted by Ted Husted. Add working draft of proposed changes to guidelines
> to site directory.
>
> Revision  Changes    Path
> 1.1                  jakarta-site2/docs/site/proposal.html

Actually, I have a problem with placing things into the site directory like
that since it isn't auto generated...could you please put it into the
xdocs/site directory? I know that isn't the right place for it either, but
at some point, I want to get rid of the docs/site directory all together
because Sam doesn't like the generated .html files checked into CVS...

:-)

-jon

--
Honk if you love peace and quiet.

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-site2/docs/site proposal.html

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 1/22/01 11:47 AM, "Ted Husted" <ne...@husted.com> wrote:

> I need to finish installing Anakia before I can make a proper build of
> jakarta-site2, and so can't test anything that relies on the build
> process right now.

That doesn't make sense. There is nothing to "install" if you check out the
jakarta-site2 module.

> I'll be happy to put this into XML once it is approved, but it would be
> much easier, for me at least, to keep it in HTML until then.

That is fine, I'm just disagreeing with the directory that you put it into.
If anything, just put it into the jakarta-site2/docs directory for now.

:-)

thanks,

-jon

Posted by Ted Husted <ne...@husted.com>.
On 1/21/2001 at 11:09 PM Jon Stevens wrote:
> Actually, I have a problem with placing things into the site
directory like that since it isn't auto generated...could you please
put it into the xdocs/site directory? I know that isn't the right place
for it either, but at some point, I want to get rid of the docs/site
directory all together because Sam doesn't like the generated .html
files checked into CVS...

+0 = OK, but I can't help ;-)

I need to finish installing Anakia before I can make a proper build of
jakarta-site2, and so can't test anything that relies on the build
process right now.

I'll be happy to put this into XML once it is approved, but it would be
much easier, for me at least, to keep it in HTML until then.

On 1/21/2001 at 11:09 PM Jon Stevens wrote:

on 1/21/01 9:38 PM, "husted@apache.org" <hu...@apache.org> wrote:

> Added:       docs/site proposal.html
> Log:
> Submitted by Ted Husted. Add working draft of proposed changes to
guidelines
> to site directory.
>
> Revision  Changes    Path
> 1.1                  jakarta-site2/docs/site/proposal.html

Actually, I have a problem with placing things into the site directory
like
that since it isn't auto generated...could you please put it into the
xdocs/site directory? I know that isn't the right place for it either,
but
at some point, I want to get rid of the docs/site directory all
together
because Sam doesn't like the generated .html files checked into CVS...

:-)

-jon

--
Honk if you love peace and quiet.