Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Brooks M. Roy" <br...@causenfx.org> on 2001/02/26 07:19:11 UTC

apache::ASP errors

Hi,

I installed apache::ASP and have a problem when i try a simple asp file.

[Mon Feb 26 01:17:02 2001] [error] Can't locate object method "dir_config"
via package "Apache" at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Apache/ASP.pm line 136.

Also how can i setup my httpd.conf so when .asp is the file name it will
automatically parse it, i dont need a .htaccess file or something..

thanks
/*
  Brooks M. Roy - brooks@causenfx.org, stream@mindless.com
  http://brooks.causenfx.org (http://brooks.causenfx.org/resume)
  Phone 412.445.4644 | Pager 412.686.1764 (http://page.causenfx.org)
  AOL Instant Messanger: streamFX | ICQ #: 18459792
*/

Re: apache::ASP errors

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
"Brooks M. Roy" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed apache::ASP and have a problem when i try a simple asp file.
>
> [Mon Feb 26 01:17:02 2001] [error] Can't locate object method "dir_config"
> via package "Apache" at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Apache/ASP.pm line 136.

The line in the source that creates this error is:
    if($r->dir_config('TimeHiRes')) {

The $r object is likely corrupt.  I tend to hear of this when
people are using DSO mod_perl, and it doesn't work.  Try
compiling your httpd with modperl and compile statically.
The build script I use is copied below.  You'll have to
tweak the numbers for your sources and modules you are
compiling in. DSO is still marked as *EXPERIMENTAL*
as far as I know, thought recent versions of modperl tend
to behave better loaded that way.

> Also how can i setup my httpd.conf so when .asp is the file name it will
> automatically parse it, i dont need a .htaccess file or something..

<Files ~ (\.asp$)>
	SetHandler perl-script
	PerlHandler Apache::ASP
	PerlSetVar ParanoidSession 1
	PerlSetVar StateDir /tmp/asp
	PerlSetVar Global /path/to/global/dir
</Files>

--Josh
Joshua Chamas			        Chamas Enterprises Inc.
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring	Huntington Beach, CA  USA

#!/bin/bash

# SSL
SSL_BASE=/usr/local/openssl
export SSL_BASE
cd mod_ssl-2.7.*
./configure \
    --with-apache=../apache_1.3.14

# PERL
cd ../mod_perl-1.2*
cd mod_perl*
perl Makefile.PL \
    APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.14/src \
    NO_HTTPD=1 \
    USE_APACI=1 \
    PREP_HTTPD=1 \
    EVERYTHING=1

make
#make test
make install

# APACHE
cd ../apache_1.3.14
#cd apache_1.3.14
./configure \
    --prefix=/usr/local/apache \
    --activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a \
    --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a \
    --enable-module=ssl \
    --enable-module=proxy \
    --enable-module=so \
    --disable-rule=EXPAT