Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Royal <pr...@managingpartners.com> on 2002/04/18 05:47:39 UTC

[fortress] Purpose of id attribute in configuration

I see that the id attribute in the configuration is used when there are
multple components for the same role, a ComponentSelecter is built with the
hint being the value of the id attribute.

But if one is not using that feature, you still have to put a value for the
id attribute. You can't use default as that forces the creation of a
ComponentSelector. I can just make up a value, but I'd rather figure out why
I need to put a value when it doesn't appear to be used.
-pete