Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Jim Ma <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/26 09:21:56 UTC

LoggingFeature with slf4j

Do you remember why we need slf4j dependency in cxf-rt-features-logging ?
Is it because it needs support MDC in
https://github.com/apache/cxf/blob/master/rt/features/logging/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/ext/logging/slf4j/Slf4jEventSender.java
?
Can the slf4j logger  be replaced with cxf's LogUtils.getLogger and it
won't include a slf4j dependency if user uses jdk logging?

Thanks,
Jim

Re: LoggingFeature with slf4j

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Don't have the history but looks like it is only for the MDC since LogUtils
supports slf4j. Maybe a feature to move to logutils abstraction
(org.apache.cxf.logging.MDC?)

Romain Manni-Bucau

Posted by vEnkaTa mohAna rAo SriperumbUdUru <mo...@gmail.com>.