Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Goldstein <sd...@mailandnews.com> on 2002/10/07 20:51:44 UTC

Configuring Tomcat to start with different verisons of a Web App

At any one time, I have multiple versions of a product that I'm working on on
my development box.  In other words, I'm usually fixing bugs in the previos
one or two releases while moving forward on the next release.

This leaves me with three web applications in three seperate directory
structures.  I would like to start Tomcat through an icon on my desktop.  To
be able to handle all three versions of the web app that I'm working on, I
would like to have three seperate icons, one for each web app version.
Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to do this with Tomcat.  It seems
that I have to manually edit conf/server.xml in order to start and stop with
different web apps installed.

Can anyone provide suggestions on how to start and stop Tomcat with different
web apps installed without having to edit conf/server.xml?

Thanks.

Scott

Re: Configuring Tomcat to start with different verisons of a Web App

Posted by Andreas Probst <an...@gmx.net>.
Hi Scott,

you could simply have 3 Tomcats, e.g. .../tomcat1, .../tomcat2,
.../tomcat3. All you need is to have 3 icons linked to the right
startup script. If you run only one at a time it will work fine.

Andreas

Posted by "Sexton, George" <gs...@mhsoftware.com>.
Why not have 3 different web apps context1, context2, context3 and run them
all in the same container?